Customizable DVIR application for fleets and telematics service providers
Truck or bus drivers subjected to FMCSA regulations perform daily pre-trip and post-trip equipment inspections. ISE’s eFleetSuite Driver Vehicle Inspection Reporting (DVIR) application enforces a simple but effective process for paperless management of inspection reports. The application is easy-to-use, customizable and specifically designed for quick adoption by fleets and telematics service providers. At Southeastern Freight Lines eFleetSuite has been custom integrated and deployed fleet wide, processing over 14,000 DVIRs daily and eliminating over 9 million paper forms annually.
eFleetSuite DVIR is an end-to-end application enforces a simple but effective process for paperless management of inspection reports compliant with FMCSA 396.11 and .13 regulations:
Create DVIR: At the end of a trip, the mobile application prompts the driver to create a report for the vehicle and each attached trailer. The driver documents any defects and deficiencies.
Document Repairs: Maintenance personnel use the web application to review defects and deficiencies, enter notes and document repairs.
Review Previous Inspection: When the driver takes the wheel, the mobile application retrieves the latest information for the vehicle and current trailers, creating a reviewable report. After reviewing the report, the driver checks one or more boxes to indicate satisfaction that the vehicle is in safe operating condition.
The eFleetSuite DVIR application is comprised of three major components:
- Driver Interface: Resides in the vehicle on a handheld or fixed display.
- Communications Channel: Exchanges information between the vehicle and web application.
- Web Interface: Allows authorized users to review DVIRs and document repairs from any computer using a web browser.
The DVIR mobile application is conveniently integrated with Electronic Driver Logs workflow, allowing drivers to record the results of their inspections at the appropriate time. Easy-to-use menus allow the driver to select from customizable lists of parts and accessories and common defects. A DVIR view shows the complete report for roadside inspections.
- Promotes consistent and accurate inspection of vehicles and trailers at appropriate times
- Latest defects and repair notes are available in real time for the entire vehicle combination
- Customizable defect lists facilitate faster documentation, thereby increasing productivity
- Latest inspection reports always available for review and roadside inspection logs
- Eliminates countless three-part forms; records are automatically stored and purged
- Real-time communication enables earlier defect resolution and more vehicle uptime
- Integrates with vehicle maintenance systems