Build your own app this summer!
The ISE Coding Garage is a FREE summer program for high school students interested in learning more about software engineering and developing their own apps. The Coding Garage is sponsored by ISE and the University of Iowa Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.
Students meet once a week for one hour to enhance their development skills and design their own apps. Participants will have access to the ISE interns and other experienced ISE programmers, to ask questions and get feedback during the process. Food and drinks are also provided to the students during each session.
At the end of the program, students will present their app idea to friends, family, and a panel of judges for a shot at winning cash for their newly created innovation!
Ready to Participate?
Think you might be interested in joining the ISE Coding Garage this summer? Click the button below to sign up. Deadline to register is Wednesday, May 30th.
Coding Garage Schedule 2018 (9 Weeks)
Dates: June 6 – August 1
Weeks 1-4 – Download the Android SDK and follow the self-guided lessons.
Weeks 5-8 – Write your app.
Week 9 – Present app to a panel of judges.
Sessions held on Wednesday nights from 5pm – 6pm
Location: U of I BioVentures Center
2500 Crosspark Rd
Coralville, IA 52241
- Be a self-driven individual attending a local high school or homeschool
- Have taken an AP Computer Science course or have equivalent Java coding experience
- Have a laptop to use for the summer
- Have an Android Phone (note: we have a few available for loan on a first come, first serve basis)
- Must be available to attend at least 6 of the 8 sessions
- Must be present for the final presentation (August 1st) to be eligible for prizes
1st Place = $500
2nd Place = $250
3rd Place = $100
Contact Daniela at: firstname.lastname@example.org.